11 Ways To Measure Your Momentum When It Matters That You Achieve Your Goal..
The single greatest metric that is not being measured right now is momentum. It seems like an intangible. But it doesn’t have to.
Some people say Momentum = Product x Motivation.
Although I don’t have a provable formula, I say that sales is a telling indicator of your momentum. At least, your business momentum.
The last thing that happens once you’ve achieved optimal momentum is that someone buys your product, right?
What do you do to get the sale?
Momentum is what you do to sell that thing. You have to build momentum and maintain momentum. Once you’ve done that, you have to be able to have some way to measure it, right?
Trying to figure out if you have momentum in your business or if you need to build more or maintain what you already have isn’t as easy as figuring out your profit margin.
But it’s not as difficult as you might think. Sometimes you just have to look below the surface to figure out if you are on the right track.
Here are a few ways you can measure momentum.
- How do you feel? -- Are your fears in check? Is your anxiety in check? Do you feel like you have things under control or do you feel like you are lost at sea surrounded by sharks? If you are feeling confident about your business and the plan you have in place, then you are on the right track.
- How do other people feel about you? -- Do you have an internet presence? Is there a buzz around your name? If you aren’t sure how the community you serve views you, then ask them. Create a poll. Have a customer appreciation night. Call them. Reach out in some way to get the answers you need.
- Look at your recent results. -- You’ve got the data. Look at the results you are interpreting. Look at the micro-results. Do you see forward motion? Even if it seems like you’re moving in slow motion, growth is growth.
- You hear other people using your lingo -- Have you created a word or phrase that is tailored to your brand? Do you often hear other people throwing it around as if it’s commonplace and a regular part of their vocabulary? That means you are ingrained in their lives. You are making an impact. You are not only changing the way people live, you are changing the way they speak. That’s measurable.
- Your community will be growing -- You don’t have to have a million followers or friends on facebook, but if you are adding one (real) person to your community every single day, you are steadily growing. If each special event you have is bringing in more people than the last, you are steadily growing. That is how momentum is measured.
- Measure your own stimuli -- It’s great to give other people things to think about, but what are you doing to fuel your own success? Are you reading new books? Are you going to networking events? Are you watching motivational videos? What are you doing to help spread your own wings and give you new tools to use in your business?
- Are you doing your 1-3-5? -- Are you doing one big thing, three medium sized things, or five small things each day that matter? The key to being productive and keeping the momentum going is to always be doing things that matter in the long run. Keep in mind you don’t add those numbers up and overwhelm yourself with nine things you can’t get done, you pick from the list: Do one big thing that matters or Do three medium tasks that matter or Do five small tasks that matter... And repeat that every single day.
- Where is the excitement? -- Is there excitement buzzing all around you? Are you getting emails asking you when your next big promo is or telling you how much they enjoyed your last facebook video? Always keep excitement buzzing around you, your brand, and your product.
- You are noticing micro-Improvements -- What small changes and breakthroughs are you creating that make a difference? You don’t have to go all out and stress yourself about buying that million dollar equipment. Start small. Work your way up. Rome wasn’t built in a day and your business isn’t going to be either.
- Your sense of fulfillment and personal mission is highlighted and accentuated -- Have you ever seen a picture or a video of someone who radiates happiness and you know it’s genuine because they are doing the mission they set out to do and they just look fulfilled? Strive to be that person. Make sure everything you are doing in life is accentuating all your positives and highlighting the person you truly aim to be.
- The right people are coming into your life -- When you are doing what you are supposed to be doing, you will notice more people around you who you NEED to be around. You will be surrounded by people who are on the same mission as you. People who encourage you. People who know the struggles and can relate. People who want to see you succeed. Look around. Who are surrounding you?
You see, there are plenty of ways to measure the momentum you have gained or the momentum you need to be working on.
It’s not always transparent and as palpable as a math equation, but there are still ways to figure it out.
And momentum matters. This is your future. Your destiny.
Based your momentum measurements how close are you to getting to where you want to be?