The Best Solution Is The Simple One.
Success comes down to doing the basics really well.
Having a purpose. Treating others with kindness. Putting in the work. Delivering on promises made.
So when you're feeling stuck, the answer isn't to pursue some new shortcut you heard about from someone who can magically make all of your problems go away and put you in the driver's seat of your destiny, it is to get back to the basics. To return to the simple, small building blocks of success.
Lessons that are timeless. Principles that never go away. Here are a few of those basics that will steer you toward success, no matter what you are trying to achieve.
- Nothing works if you don't work. The amount of effort you put into solving a problem is directly proportional to how quickly you solve it. Want more? Do more.
- Great relationships don't pay off right away. They are an investment that you need to be making on a daily basis. Giving value. Not just taking.
- It takes money to accomplish just about anything. Figure out what it's going to take to achieve your goal and then put in motion a plan to get that.
- You can't always predict your results. You can make the decision to try again. Which is how you change, improve, empower, or fix any situation in your life right now.
- Life happens. You're not in control of what happens to you. But you are absolutely and unconditionally in control of every decision you make.
- Everything is a choice. You are more powerful then you realize. Better outcomes are just a direct result of you making better choices
- The quickest way to get unstuck is to take action. Being paralyzed by uncertainty is a choice. You don't have to know all the steps to take the next one.
- Anyone who promises fast, easy, or guaranteed success is a charlatan. Shortcuts are a guaranteed fast lane to failure. You have to do hard things.
- Being inspired isn't an accident. It is the direct result of you being in the right environment. Which is something that you can control. Completely. And should.
- You can't keep your life straight if you can't keep your head straight. Most of success is being able to navigate difficult decisions when you're already emotionally tapped out.
- Nothing is impossible unless you believe it is. That's the power of your will and your mind -- with a little bit of creative urgency caused by tough times.
Most often, the best solution is a simple one.
It's you getting back to the basics. Ignoring the trap of quick fixes and people promising you fast growth with little investment.
When you're feeling stuck and not sure what to do, take a look at the basics.
Dig into the underside of what you really want to be doing. Be honest about where you are and why you're still not moving.
It's about the basics.