How To Know If It's Working.
Your current momentum is the most powerful predictor of future success. The hardest part of getting to where you want to be is building momentum in that direction -- building momentum and then keeping that momentum. Despite all the romantic stories you've heard about overnight success, that's just not how it works.
You feel success long before you realize that it has already happened.
You can't prove it with results. You can't see it in the numbers. You can't hear it, taste it, smell it, or logically explain it. But you know it's there.
You can sense the rumbling of your moment.
So it might feel like overnight success to everyone else around you, but you know all the sleepless nights that it's taken you to get to this moment.
That's why momentum is what you want to measure on a daily basis.
To do that, you have to ask yourself tough questions:
- Are you doing things that get you closer to where you want to be?
- Are you improving your skills and working on your weaknesses?
- Are there things that you are still not willing to do in order to achieve a breakthrough?
Momentum begins with this brutal honesty with yourself. And why not? It makes no sense to play games. This is your life. Your destiny. Your goals.
But that's not all.
To measure your momentum, you have to look back at from where you have come.
- Are you still growing as quickly and passionately as when you first started out?
- Are you as excited and careful about the details as when you first began?
- Are you open and willing to change if it gets you closer to where you want to be?
These aren't easy questions. But they are necessary.
You either choose to grow or ignore your situation while you slow.
Look back. Look forward. Look inside you.
Do you want this as badly as you once did? Are you doing everything you can to move towards your goals?
That's how you know if it's going to work.