You're Not Starting Soon Enough.
You don't have forever to get to where you want to be. Time is limited. So is the money and emotional strength you need to grind past the obstacles that stand in your way right now.
Make no mistake: every day is a new opportunity to make progress. You can get started being amazing at any moment.
Right now you can make the decision to change.
But all you have is right now. You're not guaranteed tomorrow will come. You're not guaranteed you'll have enough money or mental stamina tomorrow to make progress.
What if you were in an accident? What if you lost your job? Your life would change dramatically.
You think you have unlimited time. And so you put off until later important things you should be starting right now.
If you look back at your life, you will see that every important thing you've wanted for yourself you've not yet achieved has been a direct result of not starting soon enough.
Not trying in that moment when you first set your mind to the goal.
You hesitated. You over-thought things. You talked yourself out of it.
Looking back you realize you should have just jumped in with both feet, made some mistakes, learned from them, and soldiered on.
The rewards you harvest in the coming months and years are a direct result of the seeds you plant right now.
That's all you have. Right now.
It's working time. Planning time. Moving time. Time to get started.
That doesn't require much. Just some movement and intention.
You don't have to finish right now. You just have to take the first step:
- Start your day by doing something differently - reading, meditating, or just getting up earlier.
- Stop drinking coffee for a day or two. Kill the energy drinks. Drink more water.
- Learn how to meditate and practice a little bit each day. Use an app like Brain.fm or Headspace.
- Take up running, CrossFit, or some other to fitness program where you can grow.
- Hire a coach or call a mentor for a new perspective. Ask for help from people who know something.
- Go for a walk, read a book, or do some research on an idea you've been thinking about.
- Get the "gunk" out of your head so you can focus. Forgive people you’ve been holding a grudge against.
Bet on yourself this time.
Don't rely on the changing whims of the world around you to guarantee your path to success. Own your destiny.
Nothing happens overnight. That big success you want won't magically fall into your lap.
You're going to have to fight for it. There's no better time to get started than this very moment.