Greatness Isn't A Resolution. It's A Decision.
Instead of hoping this year is better than last year. Instead of wishing that tomorrow would be different from today. Instead of feeling frustrated, pointing fingers, and making excuses.
Instead of staying stuck, resolve to do things differently this coming year.
Resolve to be open minded. Resolve to be candid.Resolve not to be petty. Resolve to start doing the things you've been scared to do up until now.
Take a deep look at yourself each day.
Don't wait until the end of the year to decide what you need to improve. Make small changes every day.
Perhaps there's a kind word you need to share. Perhaps there's a skill or lesson you need to learn. Perhaps you're spending too much time around negative people.
Why wait to reflect and improve until a new year comes around?
Take the first 15 minutes of your morning and ask yourself what you can do to improve.
Make it one small thing. Not five. Or four. Or two.
One thing that you could work on each day.
The possibilities are endless:
- You could eat better, drink more water, and take back control of your health.
- You could give a compliment to somebody you've never spoken to before.
- You could read a book about that topic you've been wanting to research.
- You could look for a new job or find a new opportunity for growth and your current job.
- You could spend a few more minutes sharing time with family and friends.
- You could make a phone call to somebody you know is struggling.
- You could just spend 10 to 15 minutes quietly meditating by yourself.
- You could take a walk, go for a run, or try out a new fitness class.
- You could save the money you're wanting to spend on that thing that won't matter in the long run.
- You could find a new coach to help you take your game to the next level.
You could start just about anything in a day.
And that's the beauty of resolving to be great.
It's not about endlessly big dreams and lofty goals that you'll never end up actually achieving. It's about the tough, tiny decisions you can make right away.
The changes you can implement immediately.
Greatness isn't something vague in the future. It's right now. This moment. What you resolve to do today.
That's so much better than hopes and dreams. So much more powerful than resolutions. It's time to take action. Time to change.
Get started right now. Today.