You're Not Winning Because You're Not Willing To Give Up.
If your goals matter to you, you're going to have to do things in the short term that aren't comfortable. If you want radical change, you're going to have to sacrifice.
It's going to hurt.
- You're going to have to give up sleep. That means you're never going to feel like it's the right time to get out of bed in the morning. You're always tired.
- You're going to have to give up money. That means you're going to have to spend money on being uncomfortable rather than on things that make you more comfortable.
- You're going to have to give up friendships. That means that instead of hanging out you're going to be busy working. Busy training. Busy doing things that matter more right now.
- You're going to have to give up your ideas about fairness. That means that you know not everything is going to work out the way you think they should -- and yet you persist.
- You're going to have to give up being right all the time. That means you're going to have to get used to trying and failing and trying again.
- You're going to have to give up your addiction to entertainment. That means instead of watching your favorite television series or binge watching Netflix, you are hard at work.
- You're going to have to give up your need for safety and consistency. That means you're taking a risk and trying new things and disrupting your old, stale agenda.
It's about sacrifice.
To change your life you're going to have to give up things that seem crazy to give up.
It's uncomfortable and unnatural.
But when you're serious about getting to where you want to be -- making more money, getting healthy, building better relationships, or finding the breakthrough you need right now -- it's the best chance you have.
It's the only chance if you're being honest with yourself.