How To Stay Motivated When You're Not Sure How To Make It.
Being motivated isn't an accident. It's a result. A consequence. The end product of focused, deliberate activity.
It's not random. Or superstitiously elusive.
Motivation is what you lose just after you stop looking for it.
What motivates you?
Rage can motivate you. So will fear or love.
There are things you can do to change how you feel.
The right music will get your blood pumping and put fire in your spirit. A creepy sound will make you lose your cool and freak out.
Watching the right video will inspire you to make changes in your life.
Being around the wrong people will make you negative and cynical. Seeing something awesome will get you up on your feet clapping your hands and cheering like a crazy man.
Motivation isn't an accident.
It happens on purpose. For specific reasons.
Your reasons might be different from everyone else around you, but you've got them.
When you're down and not sure you can get up, you have to know what to do in order to get moving.
Here are a few things to try:
- Share your goal with other people around and ask them to hold you accountable.
- Take a step back. Find a quiet spot to think. Mediate. Take a deep breath. Slow down.
- Tally benefits, not problems. Keep track of all the good things happening on a daily basis.
- Think about how you'll feel when you've achieved the success you want.
- Focus on 1 thing. Drop everything else and just focus on getting 1 small thing done.
- Search for how other people trying to accomplish similar goals have achieved success.
and most importantly:
- Avoid negativity -- people, places, and things -- at all and any cost. It will destroy you.
What you do and how you think matters.
Especially when you're searching for motivation. Especially when you're tired, beat down, and feeling like you're never going to make it.
Manufacture motivation. Get good at being awesome.
It's never easy to do the hard things. But it's guaranteed to lead to victory.
You just have to find the energy to make it.