It's Not Easy.
It's not easy. None of it. Being successful isn't easy. Getting past the obstacles in your life isn't easy. Progress isn't easy.
The hard truth is that anything worth doing isn't easy.
And the things that seem to be easy aren't the solutions you really need.
That's the frustrating reality you figure out all too late.
You think you want what is easy. But once you have it, you realize that following the easy path is what is keeping you mired in the exact place you've been trying to escape.
The easy choice is never the most helpful choice. The easy choice is never the most fulfilling choice.
The easy choice is never the life-changing choice that gets you unstuck and propelled towards where you want to be.
It's not easy to fix what's broken in your life.
It's not easy emotionally. Or financially. Or physically.
You have to make the choice to save when you want to spend. To work when you want to sleep. To keep going when it's easier to make excuses and give up.
The easy choice is what happens automatically. It's wired into your subconscious. The path of least resistance.
Unless you go out of your way to change that.
Deliberate, uncomfortable change.
- Want to lose weight? You have to viciously disrupt your current eating and exercise habits.
- Want to make more money? You have to work like an obsessed mental patient.
- Want to make your marriage work? You have to start having those absurdly candid conversations you've been avoiding.
- Want to dominate your industry? You have to be crazy different and weirdly focused on the details.
- Want to get out of debt? You have to commit to rice-and-beans until you turn things around.
- Want to get promoted? You have to be willing to do what everyone else avoids doing.
There's always a good reason to do the easy thing.
Just remember that success is never easy. Or predictable. Or likely. It's painful and gritty and fabulously uncomfortable.
Look at what you're doing now. Is it easier than it should be?
A future of awesomeness begins with hard choices today.
Really hard choices. It's not easy.