What Do You Want To Do With Your Life?
What is it that you want? Not right now. Not today. Overall. Ask yourself the hard question: "What is it that you want?"
When was the last time you asked yourself that?
It's easy to be overwhelmed by the tidal wave of daily life.
The stress. The fear. The panic.
It can be all consuming.
Survival is all you think about. You want out. Away from the chaos of the moment.
You're so focused on surviving that you don't plan to thrive.
It doesn't take you doing much right now to change the arc of your results.
- Need more money? Save more than feels comfortable. Invest all you can. Live painfully frugal. Wait 24 hours before making big purchases.
- Need more knowledge? Trade television for books. Spend your free time learning a new skill. Teach someone else something you want to learn yourself.
- Need more time? Be purposeful with the time you already have. Get up an hour earlier each day. Say "NO" more times than not. Be pragmatic.
- Need more fulfillment? Do things that are meaningful. Be valuable to others. Give to a cause that has meaning for you. Smile more.
- Need more respect? Give respect to others. Do the right thing. Be kind and thoughtful even when you have the leverage to not need to care
- Need more experience? Sign up for tough assignments. Get the help of mentors. Stretch beyond your comfort zone by trying new things.
Things have to change. You have to be the one changing them.
If you want something different you have to do something different.
It's that simple.
Your life won't get better all on it's own.
There isn't some magic wand you can wave over your past bad decisions to make the consequences go away.
There isn't some secret formula or all-knowing guru who can instantly catapult you past the hard work and sleepless nights.
You have to know what you want to do with your life. How you want to spend your time. What you want to be known for.
Spend every day obsessing about it.