8 Rules Awesome People Live By.
- Be honest with yourself about the quality of your effort, the motivation for your work, and the consequences of your results.
- Don't let other people's lazy ideas and small-minded thinking stop you from working hard -- even when it seems like everyone else has it easier.
- Force yourself into scary situations where it seems like failure or getting hurt is the only likely outcome.
- Always keep improving by learning from the failures of those around you, before you make the exact same mistakes.
- Dedicate time each day to protecting what you think about, what you expect to accomplish, and those that inspire you to be the best version of you.
- Obsess about the details even when it seems like they won't make you more successful or even get noticed by anyone.
- Be willing to sacrifice anything in the pursuit of getting a few steps closer to where you want to be some day.
- Never forget that conventional wisdom seems smartest to people who confuse mediocrity with brilliance.