Stop It All.
Sometimes to go fast you need to stop -- and go slow. Creativity comes from the quietness of observation. Inspiration comes from noticing what could be done better.
So much of getting successful results is being deliberate about noticing the small parts of life that easily getting overlooked in the stressfulness of everyday life.
That's the power of personal meditation.
Stopping and thinking. Slow thinking. Not running or planning or meeting or calling or strategizing. Just stopping to observe.
There are several good ways to slow down and noticed the best parts of life.
- Get up early and read the newspaper while drinking a cup of coffee by yourself.
- Take a nap in your office for half of your lunch break.
- Take 10 minutes a couple times each day to shut your office door and listen to calming music.
- Go for a short walk by yourself.
- Eat a slow lunch outside.
- Work up a sweat using your favorite fitness program.
- Turn off the TV and watch the sunset each evening.
And even if none of those work for you specifically, you can still take a deep breath and for a few seconds get your head back in the game.
That's why quietness matters so much.
If you don't protect your head -- your motivation -- you'll never end up getting to where you want to be.
You'll be too stressed out to make smart decisions. Too tired and beaten up to make it the distance. Too overwhelmed to do what actually needs to be done.
Which is why you stopping and thinking is the best way to run full speed ahead.
To live big, you need to be inspired by big things. Big wonder. Big quietness. Big opportunity.
Don't let the craziness of life rob you of noticing all the awesome motivation already all around you.