17 Mistakes That Cripple Business Growth.
Most battles are lost, not won. That's the same behind enemy lines as it is the business boardroom.
Mistakes, anywhere, have the same disastrous impact.
They kill you.
It doesn't matter how much you know or who knows you. If you do the wrong things, you're going to end up in the miserable position of being a loser.
And it will probably be at the worst possible time. Just when you think success is just around the corner, a forgotten mistake comes back to haunt you with devastating results.
But let's be clear, avoiding mistakes isn't about you living your life by walking on mental egg shells. Fear will quickly paralyze you if you let it.
It's about responsibility.
It's about you taking responsibility for the decisions that you make each day. No excuses. Just an awareness that what you do matters. It matters a lot.
Which means it's all the more important to avoid making mistakes that could cripple you.
- Not putting in enough effort to achieve your goals.
- Expecting other people to care more about your success than you do.
- Making sure no one takes advantage of you.
- Chasing what is easy, fast, or free.
- Looking at failure as anything other than a learning experience.
- Thinking that working smarter is more effective than working harder.
- Focusing on what people say, not what they feel.
- Not giving people much more value than they pay for.
- Doing just enough so that people think you are doing something that matters.
- Leaving the details to be managed by others.
- Listening less.
- Choosing money over a mission.
- Doing anything one time and expecting it to be successful.
- Forgetting that everybody hurts.
- Focusing on quantity over quality.
- Expecting that everybody thinks like you do.
- Worrying what other people think about you.
It really all comes down to just making better choices.
That's the key to not losing.
Making each decision count. The small ones. The easy ones. The ones that no one else sees.
It's about responsibility and trying harder. About believing that your big dreams deserve a future unfettered by the compromise of carelessness.
Isn't it time you gave yourself a fair chance to do something amazing?