At the End of the Day.
When the lights go out and the chaos of subsistence fades in the dim of a day's effort, there are only a few things that matter.
And in spite of the busyness of the day, it all becomes clear at the end of the day.
When you look back and see the day for what it was.
For who you became.
- The essence of your purpose.
- The efficiency of your execution.
- The future you have crafted for yourself.
The night shows us clearly what we have done. A glimmer of who we might become.
At the end of the day:
- We know if what we did mattered.
- We know if our intentions were misguided.
- We know if our purpose is worthy of another day's effort.
It the summation of who we are.
There's no need for hyperbole. No need for excuse. No need for explanation.
It is only what it is.
The darkness brings light.
- It reveals our fears and failures and frustration.
- It exposes our hopes and hurts and heart.
- It emboldens our purpose and passion and perspective.
The end of the day brings fresh morning where anything is possible and the lessons of the night are reminders to use our time wisely.
Because at the end of the day that's all you have -- limited time to do something that matters.
What matters most to you?